As the daughter of an immigrant, Ms. Dean proudly represents individuals and families throughout Virginia in federal immigration matters. Her mother’s family emigrated to California from El Salvador. Her father’s family came from Greece via Ellis Island. Ms. Dean’s goal in every case is to help her families, like hers, realize their own American Dream.
Ms. Dean obtained obtained her undergraduate education at the University of California-Davis, where she graduated as an Honors student with degrees in Sociology and Communications. As a college student, Ms. Dean was member of the University of California – Davis Mock Trial Team and competed in state and national tournaments.
As a law student at Washington & Lee University School of Law, Ms. Dean was a four-time finalist in the law school’s interscholastic moot court competitions. She was awarded commendation for her trial advocacy skills and represented the law school as a student oralist in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition in Houston, Texas.
During law school, Ms. Dean was a law clerk with a large Richmond law firm in its litigation department to further advance her trial advocacy skills, and she was an active member of the Latin American Law Students Association. Following graduation, Ms. Dean was later selected to lead the law school’s immigration clinic, serving as its past interim director.
- Board Member, Blue Ridge Literacy Board of Directors
- Member and Social Media Subcommittee Chair, VSB Special Committee on Access to Legal Services
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Roanoke Bar Association
- Past President, Virginia Women Attorneys Association Roanoke Chapter
- Past Director at Large and Communications Committee Chair, Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Past Member, TAP Domestic Violence Services Advisory Commission
- Past Member, VSB Special Committee on Technology and Practice of Law
- Family Violence Coordination Council Conference, Roanoke Police Academy
- Legal Research Panel, Washington & Lee University School of Law
- Senior Seminar Presentation, Roanoke College
- Virginia Employment Commission, Roanoke Office
- Regional Immigration Community Meeting, Roanoke City Public Schools
- Virginia Institute for Lifelong Learning, Radford University